McKenna, Long & Aldridge
McKenna, Long & Aldridge LLP(MLA) is an international law firm with 475 lawyers and public policy advisors. The firm provides business solutions in the areas of government contracts, federal issues, environmental regulation, international law, public policy and regulatory affairs, corporate law, intellectual property and technology, complex litigation, real estate, energy and finance. The firm has offices in Atlanta, Washington, DC, Albany, Denver, New York City, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, San Diego, and San Francisco. In 1990, the Brussels office of MLA was opened to counsel clients on EU regulatory and business law matters.
Campaign Finance$3,253,661 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by McKenna, Long & Aldridge
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount AFLAC Inc $6,525,000 GMH Military Housing $1,600,000 University of Georgia $1,550,000 IntercontinentalExchange Inc $1,480,000 Kellogg Brown & Root $1,260,000 Plug Power $1,220,000 Chimerix $1,100,000 SAP America $1,095,000 SAP America $1,095,000 Nexen Inc $1,090,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Homeland Security,
- Government Issues,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.6 Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 S.1462 American Clean Energy Leadership Act of 2009 S.515 Patent Reform Act of 2009 H.R.1722 Telework Enhancement Act of 2010 H.R.1280 To amend the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 to require congressional approval of agreements for peaceful nuclear cooperation with foreign countries, and for other purposes. H.R.1659 Fuel Cell Industrial Vehicle Jobs Act of 2011 H.R.1891 Setting New Priorities in Education Spending Act H.R.2054 Energy and Revenue Enrichment Act of 2011 H.R.2218 Empowering Parents through Quality Charter Schools Act H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary May 13, 2013 Balfour Beatty Communities Military housing privitization and procurement policies. View registration May 13, 2013 San Diego Economic Development Corporation Issues regarding military base closure and realignment View registration April 9, 2013 Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers Any U.S. energy or environmental legislation or policies in regard to oil sands production and development in Canada. View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 35 dockets; Submitted to 12 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "McKenna, Long & Aldridge" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for McKenna, Long & Aldridge
- Toggle 3 USCG Support Anti-Terrorism by Fostering Effective Technologies Act of 2002 2003
- Toggle 2 APHIS Environmental Assessment; Determination of Nonregulated Status of Sugar Beet Genetically Engineered for Tolerance to the Herbicide Glyphosate 2010
- Toggle 2 HRSA 340B Drug Pricing Program Manufacturer Civil Monetary Penalties 2010
- Toggle 2 SBA Small Business Subcontracting 2011
- Toggle 1 USCG Department of Homeland Security Acquisition Regulation 2003
- Toggle 1 APHIS Agricultural Bioterrorism Protection Act of 2002; Biennial Review and Republication of the Select Agent and Toxin List 2007
- Toggle 1 GSA 2007 General Services Administration (GSA), General Services Acquisition Regulation (GSAR) Rules 2007
- Toggle 1 FDA Substances Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) 1997
- Toggle 1 FDA Reclassification of Dental Mercury 2001
- Toggle 1 FAR Federal Acquisition Regulation; FAR Case 2008-039; Reporting Executive Compensation and First-Tier Subcontract Awards 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for McKenna, Long & Aldridge
- Toggle 22 FDA Civil Money Penalty: TMJ Implants, Inc. 2005
- Toggle 15 FDA Civil Money Penalty; Advanced Bionics Corporation 2007
- Toggle 4 USCG Department of Homeland Security Acquisition Regulation 2003
- Toggle 3 EPA Protection of Stratospheric Ozone; Listing of Substitutes for Ozone-Depleting Substances-N-Propyl Bromide 2002
- Toggle 2 USCG Support Anti-Terrorism by Fostering Effective Technologies Act of 2002 2003
- Toggle 2 EPA In Vitro Dermal Absorption Rate Testing of Certain Chemicals of Interest to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 2003
- Toggle 2 FDA To issue an advisory opinion with respect to agency limitations during inspection of or inquiries to devices manufacturers whose facilities are locate outside the jurisdiction of the United States government and who distribute to the U.S. and othe countries. 2005
- Toggle 2 FAR Federal Acquisition Regulation; FAR Case 2011-001; Organizational Conflicts of Interest 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Ammonia/Urea Petitions Concerning Registration and Cancellations 2009
- Toggle 2 In the Matter of Southwest Airlines Co. 2013
Advisory Committees3 people on 4 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "McKenna, Long & Aldridge" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Transportation 1 person on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Homeland Security 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee