- Office Held:
- US Senate, MT
- Office Sought:
- US Senate, MT
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Jon Tester
Jon Tester (born August 21, 1956) is the junior U.S. Senator for Montana, serving since 2007. He is a member of the Democratic Party. He previously served as President of the Montana Senate.
Campaign Finance$11,797,599 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $11,797,599 #15 of 59 Senate candidates
- Total Spent:
- $12,414,711 #15 of 59 Senate candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $59,837 #39 of 59 Senate candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending National Republican Senatorial CmteOppose $3,639,852 Crossroads GPSOppose $3,138,406 American CrossroadsOppose $1,846,583 US Chamber of CommerceOppose $1,352,000 League of Conservation VotersSupport $1,050,651 Freedom Fund North AmericaOppose $495,000 Now Or Never PACOppose $410,180 Cooperative Of American Physicians Ie CommitteeOppose $135,408 Cooperative of American PhysiciansOppose $135,408 Fsa PACSupport $134,561
Donor Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event Feb. 3, 2016
- Reception at Bistro Bis
- Hosted by:
- David Castagnetti, David Thomas, Lori Denham, Lisa Kountoupes