- Office Sought:
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Mitt Romney
Willard Mitt Romney (born March 12, 1947) is an American businessman, and a Republican who was the 70th Governor of Massachusetts from 2003 to 2007, was a candidate in the 2008 U.S. presidential election, and is a likely candidate in the 2012 presidential election.
Campaign Finance$459,615,140 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $459,615,140 #2 of 40 Presidential candidates
- Total Spent:
- $483,073,479 #2 of 40 Presidential candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $383,275 #3 of 40 Presidential candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending Priorities USA ActionOppose $64,799,242 Restore Our Future, Inc.Support $13,919,922 American Future FundSupport $11,316,568 Planned ParenthoodOppose $8,373,536 Crossroads GPSSupport $6,801,817 American CrossroadsSupport $6,565,941 Service Employees International UnionOppose $4,999,578 Ending Spending FundSupport $4,475,359 Winning Our FutureOppose $3,912,909 Planned Parenthood VotesOppose $3,456,477
Donor Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Bundled Lobbyist ContributionsLobbyists and lobbying firms that raised money from multiple donors on behalf of the politician. Contributions from the lobbyist or firm itself are not included.
Bundler Amount Patrick Durkin, Barclays $927,160 Wayne L. Berman, Ogilvy Government Relations $424,825 T. Martin Fiorentino, Jr., Fiorentino Group $325,045 Austin Barbour, Clearwater Group L.L.C. $210,700 David Beightol, Dutko Worldwide $140,375 Robert T. Grand, Barnes & Thornburg $140,200 Bill Simmons, Dutko Group $134,684 Ed Ingle, Microsoft Corp $90,519 Ignacio E. Sanchez, DLA Piper $86,700 Paul Mattera, Liberty Mutual Insurance $74,950