- Office Held:
- US House, MO
- Office Sought:
- US Senate, MO
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Todd Akin
W. Todd Akin (born July 5, 1947), is the U.S. Representative for Missouri's 2nd congressional district, serving since 2001. He is a member of the Republican Party.
Campaign Finance$5,552,192 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $5,552,192 #12 of 1589 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $6,099,311 #13 of 1589 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $42,486 #408 of 1589 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending Democratic Senatorial Campaign CmteOppose $3,493,836 Majority PACOppose $1,696,291 Now Or Never PACSupport $1,005,050 Women Vote!Oppose $525,267 EMILY's ListOppose $525,267 Service Employees International UnionOppose $492,050 Freedom's Defense FundSupport $242,423 Senate Conservatives FundSupport $118,161 International Assn of Fire FightersOppose $100,000 American Bridge 21St CenturyOppose $93,295
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals