- Latest Office Held:
- US Senate, VA
- Latest Office Sought:
- US Senate, VA
KAINE, Timothy Michael (Tim), a Senator from Virginia; born in St. Paul, Minn., February 26, 1958; graduated University of Missouri, B.A., 1979; graduated Harvard University, J.D., 1983; lawyer; Richmond City Council 1994-1998; mayor of Richmond, Va., 1998-2001; lieutenant governor of Virginia 2002-2006; governor of Virginia 2006-2010; chairman of the Democratic National Committee 2009-2011; elected as a Democrat to the United States Senate in 2012 for the term ending January 3, 2019.
Campaign Finance$13,834,340 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
covers roughly through Q4 2013
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event July 22, 2014
- Smoked 'n' Oaked: A Celebration of Virginia's Best Barbecue, Beer and Bourbon at Jones Day Rooftop
June 22, 2014
- Barbecue, Bourbon and Beer at Offices of Jones Day