- Latest Office Sought:
- US Senate, VA
KAINE, Timothy Michael (Tim), a Senator from Virginia; born in St. Paul, Minn., February 26, 1958; graduated University of Missouri, B.A., 1979; graduated Harvard University, J.D., 1983; lawyer; Richmond City Council 1994-1998; mayor of Richmond, Va., 1998-2001; lieutenant governor of Virginia 2002-2006; governor of Virginia 2006-2010; chairman of the Democratic National Committee 2009-2011; elected as a Democrat to the United States Senate in 2012 for the term ending January 3, 2019.
Campaign Finance$12,028,210 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
covers through Q3 2012
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event May 31, 2013
- Weekend in Charlottesville with Sen. Tim Kaine at The Boar's Head Inn
May 10, 2013
- Breakfast at Babcock and Wilcox
Feb. 10, 2013
- Bon Jovi Concert with Sen. Tim Kaine at Verizon Center