Sanford D. Bishop, Jr.
- Latest Office Held:
- US House, GA
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, GA
Sanford Dixon Bishop Jr. (born February 4, 1947) is the U.S. Representative for Georgia's 2nd congressional district, serving since 1993. He is a member of the Democratic Party.
Some of this data may be out of date
State influence data from the National Institute on Money in State Politics changed in format and availability during the 2013-2014 election cycle. While we work to integrate their new style of data release, state-level campaign finance data for the 2014 cycle and beyond will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience, but heartily recommend trying out their snazzy new site at FollowTheMoney.org!
Campaign Finance$9,228,124 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event Sept. 29, 2016
- Luncheon at Art and Soul
- Hosted by:
- Marcus Sebastian Mason, Intuit 21st Century Leadership Fund
Sept. 22, 2016
- Lunch at UPS Townhouse
- Hosted by:
- Home Depot PAC, Rob Leebern, National Restaurant Association PAC, Aflac PAC, Oldcastle Materials Inc. PAC, Louie Perry, Bob Redding, Cox PAC, Coca-Cola PAC, Georgia Power, Reynolds American Inc. (RAI), Delta Air Lines PAC
June 27, 2016
- 19th Annuel Golf Classic at Green Island Country Club
June 15, 2016
- Coffee Reception at Offices of Molly Allen Associates LLC
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $9,980,000 Warehouse-Combat Vehicle 2008 $9,000,000 Troop Dorms 2009 $7,200,000 RC-26B Modernization 2008 $6,000,000 Batson-Cook Construction: Washington headquarters services -- Soldier Center at Patriot Park, Ft. Benning 2009 $5,000,000 Advanced SAM Hardware Simulator Development 2010 $4,870,000 Weapons Maintenance Hardstand Facility 2009 $4,800,000 Soldier Center at Patriot Park, Ft. Benning 2010 $4,000,000 Georgia Institute of Technology: Advanced SAM Hardware Simulator Development 2010 $4,000,000 Patriot Park, Ft. Benning: Soldier Center at Patriot Park, Ft. Benning 2010 $4,000,000 US Army: Fort Benning: Fort Benning National Incident Management System Compliant Installation Operations Center