- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, MN
- Lobbying Activity
- See also: Lobbyist profile for Gerry Sikorski
Gerald Edward Sikorski (b. April 26, 1948) is a Minnesota politician and lawyer. He was a U.S. Representative representing Minnesota's 6th congressional district as a DFL member from January 3, 1983 – January 3, 1993 in the 98th, 99th, 100th, 101st, and 102nd congresses. He served as Whip-at-Large and as a member of the Committees on Energy and Commerce and Post Office and Civil Service. He was defeated by Rod Grams in 1992 after he was revealed to have had 697 overdrafts on the House Bank, which he attributed to sloppy bookkeeping by his wife and himself.
Campaign Finance$552,124 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals