Charles A. Wilson, Jr.
- Office Sought:
- US House, OH
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Charles Wilson
Charles A. "Charlie" Wilson (born January 18, 1943) is the former U.S. Representative for Ohio's 6th congressional district. He is a member of the Democratic Party. He previously served in the Ohio State Senate and the Ohio House of Representatives. On November 2, 2010, Wilson lost his bid for a third term in Congress after being defeated by Republican Bill Johnson by a 50-45% margin.
Campaign Finance$1,324,727 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $1,324,727 #220 of 722 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $1,562,857 #176 of 722 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $2,917 #529 of 722 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending Americans for Tax ReformOppose $3,125,329 National Republican Congressional CmteOppose $922,186 Afl-CioSupport $200,356 Workers' VoiceSupport $200,356
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals