Charles A. Wilson, Jr.
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, OH
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Charles Wilson
Charles A. "Charlie" Wilson (born January 18, 1943) is the former U.S. Representative for Ohio's 6th congressional district. He is a member of the Democratic Party. He previously served in the Ohio State Senate and the Ohio House of Representatives. On November 2, 2010, Wilson lost his bid for a third term in Congress after being defeated by Republican Bill Johnson by a 50-45% margin.
Campaign Finance$3,514,843 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $3,200,000 Ohio Aerospace Institute and Graftech International: Advanced Aerospace Carbon Foam Heat Exchangers 2009 $2,240,000 Quiet, Low-Impact Alternative Energy Technology 2010 $2,000,000 Ohio State University: Distributed Power from Wastewater 2009 $1,600,000 Advanced Aerospace Heat Exchangers 2008 $1,600,000 Ohio Aerospace Institute: Aerospace Vehicle Technologies -- Advanced Aerospace Carbon Foam Heat Exhangers 2008 $984,000 Carbon sequestration study (OH)Requested by 2009 $951,500 Multi-Pollutant Removal and Advanced Multi-Pollutant Removal and Advanced Carbon Capture and Storage Projects Using Eco Technology (OH) 2010 $800,000 Barnesville Hospital, Barnesville, OH for facilities and equipment 2010 $800,000 Timken Co: Hybrid Bearings 2008 $784,000 Ohio University Airport Improvements