Steptoe & Johnson
Steptoe & Johnson LLP is an international law firm recognized for representation of clients before governmental agencies, advocacy in complex litigation and arbitration, and advice in guiding business transactions. The firm has 500 lawyers in offices in Beijing, Brussels, Century City, Chicago, London, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C..
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Steptoe & Johnson
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount National Assn of Convenience Stores $1,210,000 National Assn of Insurance & Financial Advisors $720,000 TD Bank USA $600,000 Soc of Ind Gasoline Marketers of America $570,000 AOL LLC $480,000 Chemtex International $480,000 University of Oklahoma $440,000 TD Bank Group $440,000 Kia Motors Corp $375,000 Tunica-Biloxi Tribe of Louisiana $360,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues,
- Roads & Highways,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.940 United States Covered Bond Act of 2011 H.R.1121 Responsible Consumer Financial Protection Regulations Act of 2011 H.R.1223 GSE Credit Risk Equitable Treatment Act of 2011 H.R.1224 GSE Portfolio Risk Reduction Act of 2011 S.1834 Residential Mortgage Market Privatization and Standardization Act of 2011 S.1963 Mortgage Finance Act of 2011 H.R.5032 To suspend temporarily the duty on mixtures of cymoxanil and inert ingredients. H.R.751 Mental Health in Schools Act of 2011 S.676 A bill to amend the Act of June 18, 1934, to reaffirm the authority of the Secretary of the Interior to take land into trust for Indian tribes. S.1835 United States Covered Bond Act
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary Oct. 4, 2013 The Internet Association Issues related to patent reform and copyright. View registration Oct. 4, 2013 Memorial Institute for the Prevention of Terrorism Issues related to agency funding View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 11 dockets; Submitted to 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Steptoe & Johnson" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Steptoe & Johnson
- Toggle 3 IRS Prohibited Payment Option under Single-Employer Defined Benefit Plan of Plan Sponsor In Bankruptcy 2012
- Toggle 2 DOT Malaysia Airlines and Japan Airlines Co., Ltd. - Statements of Authorization - Reciprocal Blanket Codesharing 2012
- Toggle 1 BOEM Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Assessment (EA) for Commercial Wind Lease Issuance and Site Characterization Activities on the Atlantic Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) Offshore Rhode Island and Massachusetts 2011
- Toggle 1 IRS Determination of Governmental Plan Status 2011
- Toggle 1 IRS Information Reporting by Foreign Financial Institutions and Withholding on Certain Payments, etc. 2012
- Toggle 1 ITA Proposed Modification to Regulation Concerning the Use of Market Economy Input Prices in Non-Market Economy Proceedings 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Steptoe & Johnson
- Toggle 1 EPA Lifecycle Greenhouse Gas Analyses of New Pathways Under the Renewable Fuels Standard Program 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Take the Actions Described (1) Refuse to Approve any ANDA Referencing Lyrica That Contains an Isomeric Impurity Specification That Includes a “Not Less Than” Minimum Level or Otherwise Requires the Generic Product Covered by the ANDA to Contain an Isomeric Impurity.... 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA An Assessment of Potential Mining Impacts on Salmon Ecosystems of Bristol Bay, Alaska 2012
- Toggle 1 DOT All Nippon Airways Co., Ltd. - Exemption/Amended Foreign Permit - Japan-United States 2012
- Toggle 1 STB Acquisitions of Control of Assets: Stagecoach Group PLC and Coach USA, Inc., et al. over American Coach Lines of Atlanta, Inc.; CUSA AT, LLC; CUSA AWC, LLC, et al. 2012
- Toggle 1 STB Finance Applications; Acquisitions and Consolidations of Assets: Frank Sherman; FSCS Corp., TMS West Coast, Inc., Evergreen Trails, Inc. and Cabana Coaches, LLC 2012
- Toggle 1 STB Control: Genesee and Wyoming Inc. of RailAmerica, Inc., et al. 2012
- Toggle 1 GSA GSA; General Notices 2012
- Toggle 1 FERC Technical Conference 2011
- Toggle 1 STB Control Exemptions: GWI Voting Trust and R. Lawrence McCaffery, Voting Trustee; RailAmerica, Inc., et al. 2012