Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA), commonly shortened to Planned Parenthood, is the U.S. affiliate of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) and one of its larger members. PPFA provides reproductive health and maternal and child health services. Planned Parenthood Action Fund, Inc. (PPAF) is a related organization that lobbies the U.S. political system for pro-choice legislation, comprehensive sex education, and access to affordable health care.
Campaign Finance$30,129,374 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Planned Parenthood
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Planned Parenthood $8,082,421 Planned Parenthood Action Fund $1,151,162
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Family, Abortion & Adoption,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Foreign Relations,
- Civil Rights & Civil Liberties,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Government Issues,
- Disaster & Emergency Planning
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1473 Department of Defense and Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.2583 Foreign Relations Authorization Act, Fiscal Year 2012 S.1601 Department of State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs Appropriations Act, 2012 S.1426 Foreign Relations Authorization Act, Fiscal Years 2012 and 2013 H.R.3 No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act H.R.2112 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.358 Protect Life Act H.R.1216 To amend the Public Health Service Act to convert funding for graduate medical education in qualified teaching health centers from direct appropriations to an authorization of appropriations. H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 155 dockets; Submitted to 31 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Planned Parenthood" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Planned Parenthood
- Toggle 30 HHS Ensuring that Department of Health and Human Services Funds Do Not Support Coercive or Discriminatory Policies or Practices In Violation of Federal Law 2008
- Toggle 24 HHS Rescission of the Regulation entitled "Ensuring That Department of Health and Human Services Funds Do Not Support Coercive or Discriminatory Policies or Practices in Violation of Federal Law"; Proposal 2009
- Toggle 23 HHS Establishment of Exchanges and Qualified Health Plans 2011
- Toggle 16 HHS Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Issuers Relating to Coverage of Preventive Services under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2011
- Toggle 4 Solicitation of Federal Civilian and Uniformed Service Personnel for Contributions to Private Voluntary Organizations 2013
- Toggle 2 DEA Controlled Substances and List I Chemical Registration and Reregistration Fees 2011
- Toggle 2 Federal Employees Health Benefits Program: Members of Congress and Congressional Staff 2013
- Toggle 2 FDA Relabeling of Certain Oral Contraceptives 1994
- Toggle 2 HHS Health Care Reform Insurance Web Portal Requirements 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Regional Extension Program 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Planned Parenthood
- Toggle 562 CMS Certain Preventive Services Under the Affordable Care Act 2012
- Toggle 506 HHS Rescission of the Regulation entitled "Ensuring That Department of Health and Human Services Funds Do Not Support Coercive or Discriminatory Policies or Practices in Violation of Federal Law"; Proposal 2009
- Toggle 237 HHS Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Issuers Relating to Coverage of Preventive Services under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2011
- Toggle 73 HHS Ensuring that Department of Health and Human Services Funds Do Not Support Coercive or Discriminatory Policies or Practices In Violation of Federal Law 2008
- Toggle 58 HHS Establishment of Exchanges and Qualified Health Plans 2011
- Toggle 54 CMS Medicaid Prescription Drugs Average Manufacture Price 2010
- Toggle 31 CMS Citizenship Documentation Requirements 2010
- Toggle 25 FDA Switch Status of Emergency Contraceptives from Rx to OTC - CLOSE 2001
- Toggle 20 EPA Preliminary 2006 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2004
- Toggle 15 CMS Methods for Assuring Access to Covered Medicaid Services (CMS-2328-P) 2011
Advisory Committees3 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Planned Parenthood" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 3 people on 2 committees