Ogilvy Government Relations
Campaign Finance$2,163,012 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Mitt Romney Wayne L. Berman $424,825 Mitt Romney Drew Maloney $56,750 Romney Victory Inc Wayne L. Berman $53,350 Pac Wayne L. Berman $16,800
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Ogilvy Government Relations
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Blackstone Group $21,340,000 Verizon Communications $4,080,000 Chevron Corp $3,260,000 Poker Players Alliance $3,130,000 Highstar Capital $2,710,000 American Petroleum Institute $2,380,000 Hess Corp $2,180,000 Aircraft Owners & Pilots Assn $1,920,000 Pfizer Inc $1,800,000 Visa USA $1,660,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Health Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 S.1462 American Clean Energy Leadership Act of 2009 S.2191 America's Climate Security Act of 2007 H.R.910 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 S.482 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 H.R.890 American Renewable Energy Act H.R.1689 Carbon Capture and Storage Early Deployment Act S.5 Cleaner, Greener, and Smarter Act of 2009
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary Oct. 21, 2013 Network Branded Prepaid Card Association electronic payment issues View registration Oct. 21, 2013 NIKE Inc. Trade, Tax, Health, Sports and Privacy issues View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Ogilvy Government Relations" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Ogilvy Government Relations
- Toggle 2 EPA Greenhouse Gas Mandatory Reporting 2008
- Toggle 1 CFTC Definitions; Mixed Swaps; Security-Based Swap Agreement Recordkeeping 2012
- Toggle 1 SEC Definitions; Mixed Swaps; Security-Based Swap Agreement Recordkeeping 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit Regulation and Effluent Limitation Guidelines and Standards for Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs) 2005
- Toggle 1 CFTC Process for Designated Contract Market or Swap Execution Facility To Make Swap Available To Trade 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA NESHAP for Existing Reciprocating Internal Combustion Engines 2008