McDonald's Corporation (NYSE: MCD) is the world's largest chain of hamburger fast food restaurants, serving more than 58 million customers daily. In addition to its signature restaurant chain, McDonald’s Corporation held a minority interest in Pret A Manger until 2008, was a major investor in the Chipotle Mexican Grill until 2006, and owned the restaurant chain Boston Market until 2007.
Campaign Finance$10,915,223 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of McDonald's Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount McDonald's Corp $8,508,514
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Food Industry,
- Small Business,
- Health Issues,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2749 Food Safety Enhancement Act of 2009 H.R.1398 Labeling Education and Nutrition Act of 2009 S.510 FDA Food Safety Modernization Act S.558 Labeling Education and Nutrition Act of 2009 S.510 Research of Alcohol Detection Systems for Stopping Alcohol-related Fatalities Everywhere Act of 2011 H.R.273 Rural Housing Preservation Act of 2011 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.3962 Affordable Health Care for America Act H.R.273 H.R.1081 Consumers Payment System Protection Act
RegulationsMentioned in 414 dockets; Submitted to 5 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "McDonald's Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for McDonald's Corp
- Toggle 2 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products: Final Rule Regarding Energy Conservation Standards for Room Air Conditioners (EERE-1990-STD-0048) 2006
- Toggle 1 OSHA INDOOR AIR QUALITY - Part 3 of 6 2006
- Toggle 1 OSHA INDOOR AIR QUALITY - Part 4 of 6 2006
- Toggle 1 Walking as a Way for Americans to get the Recommended Amount of Physical Activity for Health 2013
- Toggle 1 OSHA INDOOR AIR QUALITY - Part 5 of 6 2006
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for McDonald's Corp
- Toggle 42 FNS Nutrition Standards in the National School Lunch and Breakfast Programs 2007
- Toggle 38 FHWA Morris K. Udall Scholarship and Excellence in National Environmental Policy Foundation 2006
- Toggle 26 WHD Child Labor Regulations, Orders and Statements of Interpretation; Child Labor Violations—Civil Money Penalties 2011
- Toggle 20 USDA Task Force on Childhood Obesity 2010
- Toggle 17 National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs: Nutrition Standards for All Foods Sold in School, as Required by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 2011
- Toggle 14 ED Gainful Employment--Student Assistance General Provisions--34 CFR Part 668 2010
- Toggle 12 FDA Standards for the Growing, Harvesting, Packing and Holding of Produce for Human Consumption 2011
- Toggle 11 FDA Food Labeling; Nutrition Labeling of Standard Menu Items in Restaurants and Similar Retail Food Establishments 2011
- Toggle 11 DOS 60–Day Notice of Proposed Information Collection: DS–5513, Biographical Questionnaire for U.S. Passport, 1405–XXXX 2011
- Toggle 10 FMCSA Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) - Hours of Service of Drivers 1997
EPA Violations1 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Casmalia Superfund Site De Minimis Settlement 99-02(E)(Supp)||McDonald's Corporation (+99 others)||2009||Casmalia, Ca||$1,700,000|
Advisory Committees1 person on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "McDonald's Corp" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Small Business Administration 1 person on 2 committees