Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) is a United States aerospace, defense, security, and advanced technology company with worldwide interests. It was formed by the merger of Lockheed Corporation with Martin Marietta in March 1995. It is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, in the Washington Metropolitan Area. Lockheed Martin employs 133,000 people worldwide. Robert J. Stevens is the current Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Howard P. Mckeon Larry Duncan $59,000 Ben Nelson Larry Duncan $21,000
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Lockheed Martin
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Lockheed Martin $30,420,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Homeland Security,
- Foreign Relations,
- Energy & Nuclear Power
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4310 Military Construction Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013 H.R.2219 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.1540 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 S.3254 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013 H.R.5856 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2013 H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.1473 Department of Defense and Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 S.3216 Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2013 H.R.4196 To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend the allowance for bonus depreciation for certain business assets. H.R.5326 Department of Justice Appropriations Act, 2013
RegulationsMentioned in 172 dockets; Submitted to 8 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Lockheed Martin" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Lockheed Martin
- Toggle 2 FAA Lockheed Martin Corporation MS2 - Exemption/Rulemaking 2011
- Toggle 2 LMSO Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act; Interpretation of the "Advice" Exemption 2011
- Toggle 1 FAA Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association and Experimental Aircraft Association - Exemption/Rulemaking 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Laser Light Show 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS Nationwide Health Information Network: Conditions for Trusted Exchange 2012
- Toggle 1 FAA Passenger Use of Portable Electronic Devices Onboard Aircraft - Notice of Policy and Request for Comments 2012
- Toggle 1 FAR FAR Case 2011-003; Payments under Time-and-Materials and Labor-Hour Contracts 2011
- Toggle 1 BIS Revisions to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR): Control of Aircraft and Related Items the President Determines No Longer Warrant Control Under the United States Munitions List (USML). 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Lockheed Martin
- Toggle 29 SBA Small Business Size Standards: Professional, Scientific and Technical Services 2011
- Toggle 11 FAA 2011-NM-012-AD Lockheed Martin Corporation/Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company Model L‑1011 series airplanes 2012
- Toggle 7 FAA 2010-NM-080-AD Lockheed Martin Corporation/Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company Model L‑1011 Series Airplanes 2011
- Toggle 6 FAA 2010-NM-088-AD Lockheed Martin Corporation/Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company Model L‑1011 Series Airplanes 2011
- Toggle 6 FAA Lockheed Martin Corporation MS2 - Exemption/Rulemaking 2011
- Toggle 6 FAA Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control - Exemption/Rulemaking 2011
- Toggle 5 EPA Initial Prevention of Significant Deterioration Permit for the Palmdale Hybrid Power Project 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA Hazardous and Solid Waste Management System: Identification and Listing of Special Wastes; Disposal of Coal Combustion Residuals From Electric Utilities: Notice of Data Availability and Request for Comment. 2012
- Toggle 4 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 4 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2012
Federal Spending2 grants; 3,340 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Lockheed Martin Corporation||2011||THIS MODIFICATION DEFNITIZES THE PRODUCTION CLINS UNDER THE LRIP 4 AAC AND MAKES NETHERLANDS PRODUCTION CLINS OPTIONS.||$3,485,385,767|
|Lockheed Martin Corporation||2012||AUTHORIZE EFFORTS ASSOCIATED WITH LRIP 5 PRODUCTION UNDEFINITIEZED CONTRACT ACTION (UCA)||$1,592,408,644|
|Lockheed Martin Corporation||2011||DRAFT SV4 MOD||$1,236,420,100|
|Lockheed Martin Corporation||2011||FY11 AIRCRAFT||$962,467,237|
|Lockheed Martin Corporation||2011||FY11 FMS PAC-3 PRODUCTION CONTRACT FOR TAIWAN AND UAE TACTICAL MISSILES, TEST MISSILES, OTHER GROUND SUPPORT EQUIPMENT, CONTRACTOR FIELD SUPPORT EFFORT, AND SPARES||$911,693,387|
|Lockheed Martin Corporation||2012||THAAD COMPONENTS FOR FIRE UNITS||$717,026,000|
|Lockheed Martin Corporation||2012||FY12 SHIP FUNDING||$715,000,351|
|Lockheed Martin Corporation||2011||DEFINITIZATION OF FY10 AIRCRAFT UNDEFINITIZED CONTRACT ACTION (UCA) FROM P00087||$690,040,055|
|Lockheed Martin Corporation||2012||FY12 PAC-3 PRODUCTION CONTRACT||$605,998,104|
|Lockheed Martin Corporation||2012||LRIP4 DEFINITIZATION||$598,468,898|
Advisory Committees21 people on 22 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Lockheed Martin" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Defense 8 people on 7 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 4 people on 5 committees
- Toggle Department of Homeland Security 3 people on 2 committees
- Toggle National Science Foundation 3 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of State 1 person on 2 committees
- Toggle Federal Communications Commission 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle National Aeronautics and Space Administration 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of the Interior 1 person on 1 committee