DRS Technologies, Inc. (DRS) is a US-based defense contractor. Previously traded on the NYSE, the company was purchased by the Italian firm Finmeccanica in October 2008.
Campaign Finance$3,712,294 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of DRS Technologies
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount DRS Technologies $21,480,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Homeland Security,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Government Issues,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.5136 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2011 S.3001 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2009 S.3454 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2011 H.R.1540 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 H.R.2219 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.5631 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2007 H.R.5658 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2009 H.R.5856 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2013 H.R.1585 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008 H.R.3222 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2008
RegulationsMentioned in 35 dockets; Submitted to 5 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "DRS Technologies" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for DRS Technologies
- Toggle 1 BIS Revisions to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR): Control of Military Electronic Equipment and Related Items the President Determines No Longer Warrant Control Under the United States Munitions List (USML) 2012
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed Rules Governing Notification of Employee Rights Under the National Labor Relations Act 2010
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 1 BIS Export Control Modernization: Strategic Trade Authorization License Exception 2010
- Toggle 1 LMSO Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act; Interpretation of the "Advice" Exemption 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for DRS Technologies
- Toggle 2 FDA Laser Pointer/Illuminator products GCP-1A. GCP-2 2005
- Toggle 2 BIS Export Control Modernization: Strategic Trade Authorization License Exception 2010
- Toggle 2 USTR Section 1377, Compliance with Telecom Trade Agreement 2010
- Toggle 2 FDA GCP-2C (V-2) Variance Application for Night Vision System 2007
- Toggle 1 Proposed Revisions to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR): Control of Spacecraft Systems and Related Items the President Determines No Longer Warrant Control Under the United States Munitions List (USML) 2013
- Toggle 1 USTR Compliance with Telecommunications Trade Agreements; Request for Comments 2011
- Toggle 1 Amendment to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations: Revision of U.S. Munitions List Category XV and Definition of “Defense Service.” 2013
- Toggle 1 DOT American Airlines, Inc. and British Airways Plc - Exemption/Blanket Codesharing/Statements of Authorizations 2001
- Toggle 1 NRC Notice of Availability; Draft NUREG/CR "Diversity Strategies for Nuclear Power Plant Instrumentation and Control Systems" 2009
- Toggle 1 DOT Small Community Air Service Development Program 2006
Reduced Manning Situational Awareness
RF Systems Advanced Technology -- C-Band Active Array Radar System
|2008||$2,400,000||DRS Technologies: F/A-18 Squadrons -- Airborne Tactical Server|
Radar Support -- AN/SPS -67 Back Fit Engineering Support
Night Vision Technology -- Next Generation FPA Development
Ship Concept Advanced Design -- SCOUT Mk3
|2008||$1,000,000||DRS Sustainment Systems Inc. DRS Technologies: Collective Protection -- Chemical Biological Protective Shelter (CBPS)|
Intelligence Broadcast Receiver for AFSOC MC-130
Contractor Misconduct6 Instances
This information is collected by the Project On Government Oversight from press releases, court documents, news reports and other public records. It is not meant to be an exhaustive account of all instances of federal contractor misconduct.
More information on each instance, including primary source documents, is available on POGO's site by clicking on the instance description. More information on POGO's methodology is available here.
|Misconduct Type||Hired By||Incident||Year||Disposition||Penalty|
|Intellectual Property||None||Miltope Corp. v. DRS Technologies (Trademark Infringement)||2005||Settlement||$7,500,000|
|Government Contract Fraud||Defense - Army||Improper Reporting of Test Results||2002||Pleaded Guilty||$2,500,000|
|Labor||Defense - General||Albert v. DRS Technologies (Gender Discrimination and Retaliation)||2010||Pending||$0|
|Labor||None||McGinty v. DRS Technologies (Age Discrimination)||2010||Pending||$0|
|Labor||None||Barot v. DRS Technologies (Ethnic/Racial Discrimination)||2008||Settlement||$0|
|Labor||None||Grace v. DRS Sensors & Targeting Systems (Racial Discrimination)||2007||Settlement||$0|
Advisory Committees7 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "DRS Technologies" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Transportation 5 people on 1 committee
- Toggle National Aeronautics and Space Administration 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle National Science Foundation 1 person on 1 committee