Costco (NASDAQ: COST), is the largest membership warehouse club chain in the United States. As of July 2009[update] it is the third largest retailer in the United States, where it originated, and the ninth largest in the world. As of October 2007[update], Costco is the largest retailer of fine wine in the world.
Campaign Finance$27,029,360 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
RegulationsMentioned in 273 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Costco Wholesale" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Costco Wholesale
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Costco Wholesale
- Toggle 21 FDA Standards for the Growing, Harvesting, Packing and Holding of Produce for Human Consumption 2011
- Toggle 16 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Energy Conservation Standards for Residential Clothes Washers 2008
- Toggle 14 FDA Current Good Manufacturing Practice and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls For Human Food 2011
- Toggle 14 FDA Section 301. Foreign Supplier Verification Program 2011
- Toggle 14 EERE Energy Efficiency Program for Certain Commercial and Industrial Equipment; Public Meeting and Availability of Framework Document for Residential Clothes Dryers and Room Air Conditioners 2007
- Toggle 14 Assessment of the Risk of Human Salmonellosis Associated With the Consumption of Tree Nuts; Request for Comments, Scientific Data and Information 2013
- Toggle 6 FDA Mandatory Status of Nutrition and Nutrient Content Revision 1990
- Toggle 6 EERE Energy Conservation Standards for Residential Refrigerators, Refrigerator Freezers and Freezers 2008
- Toggle 5 NHTSA Corporate Average Fuel Economy -- Model Years 2017-2025 2010
- Toggle 5 DOT Special rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2000
EPA Violations1 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Casmalia Superfund Site De Minimis Settlement 99-02(E)(Supp)||Price Club (+99 others)||2009||Casmalia, Ca||$1,700,000|
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Costco Wholesale" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee