Bryan Cave LLP is an international law firm with twenty-five offices worldwide, headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, USA.
Campaign Finance$5,876,646 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount John Conyers, Jr. Broderick D. Johnson $29,600 Sheldon Whitehouse $22,850
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Bryan Cave LLP
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount TransCanada Corp $1,120,000 American Society of Transplantation $1,080,000 Electronic Payments Coalition $1,050,000 Puerto Rico Federal Affairs Admin $980,000 Union Pacific Corp $920,000 National Cable & Telecommunications Assn $690,000 Pearson Education $670,000 Maritz Inc $635,000 Comcast Corp $580,000 Stowers Institute for Medical Research $570,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 H.R.3962 Affordable Health Care for America Act H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.4872 Health Care and Education Affordability Reconciliation Act of 2010 S.1796 America's Healthy Future Act of 2009 H.R.1041 Fairness in Medicare Bidding Act H.R.2994 Satellite Home Viewer Reauthorization Act H.R.605 Patients' Freedom to Choose Act S.312 Patients' Freedom to Choose Act S.1670 Satellite Television Modernization Act of 2009
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary Oct. 18, 2013 Innovacare Services Company, LLC Medicare advantage policies as applied to Puerto Rico. View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 62 dockets; Submitted to 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Bryan Cave LLP" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Bryan Cave LLP
- Toggle 1 BIS Effects of Foreign Policy-Based Export Controls 2012
- Toggle 1 OSHA ELECTRO-TEST (ETI) 2007
- Toggle 1 IRS Further Guidance on the Application of Section 409A to Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Plans 2008
- Toggle 1 BIS Revisions to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR): Control of Military Electronic Equipment and Related Items the President Determines No Longer Warrant Control Under the United States Munitions List (USML) 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Bryan Cave LLP
- Toggle 20 PHMSA US DOT/RSPA - Interim Final Rule - Hazardous Materials: Cargo Tank Motor Vehicles in Liquified Compressed Gas Service 1997
- Toggle 14 EPA Underground Injection Control (UIC) Program: Federal Requirements for Class VI Injection Wells for the Geologic Sequestration of Carbon Dioxide - Proposed Rule 2008
- Toggle 7 EPA Hazardous Waste Identification Rule (HWIR): Revisions to the Mixture and Derived-From Rules; Final Rule 2001
- Toggle 5 DOT United Air Lines, Inc. - Complaint of United Air Lines, Inc. against The Government of the Russian Federation 1997
- Toggle 4 DOT American Airlines, Inc. - Exemption - Chicago-Vancouver/Dallas Ft. Worth-Vancouver - Frequency Allocation 1996
- Toggle 4 PHMSA U. S. DOT/RSPA - Hazardous Materials - Emergency Discharge Control System, Hoses, and Attendance Requirements for Cargo Tank Motor Vehicles 1997
- Toggle 3 EPA Land Disposal Restrictions: Notice of Intent to Grant a Site-Specific Determination of Equivalent Treatment to Pioneer Chlor-Alkali, Inc. 1999
- Toggle 3 DOT Northwest Airlines, Inc. - Exemption - Los Angeles- Vancouver 1996
- Toggle 3 DOT Alaska Airlines, Inc. - Petition for Rulemaking - Amendment of Part 255 - Prohibit Anticompetitive Parity ProvisPions in Computer Reservation Systems Carrier Participation Agreements 1996
- Toggle 2 EPA Findings of Violation and Notices of Violation Issued by the EPA Region 9 Air Enforcement Office 2010
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Bryan Cave LLP" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 1 committee