Barnes & Thornburg
Barnes & Thornburg LLP is a large U.S. law firm and lobbying group. It is currently the largest law firm in the state of Indiana, and 97th largest in the United States. Their main headquarters is at the Barnes and Thornburg Building in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Romney Victory Inc Robert T. Grand $382,850 Mitt Romney Robert T. Grand $140,200
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Barnes & Thornburg
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians $540,000 Education Management Corp $420,000 Ameren Services $280,000 RG Steel LLC $220,000 Dry Prairie Rural Water $210,000 Lorin Industries $210,000 Crown Imports $210,000 Saint Gobain Containers $160,000 St Margaret Mercy Healthcare Centers $140,000 Indianapolis Public Transportation Corp $140,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Roads & Highways,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Small Business
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.493 SBIR/STTR Reauthorization Act of 2011 H.R.2230 Internet Gambling Regulation and Tax Enforcement Act of 2011 S.236 A bill to eliminate the preferences and special rules for Alaska Native Corporations under the program under section 8(a) of the Small Business Act. H.R.2366 Internet Gambling Prohibition, Poker Consumer Protection, and Strengthening UIGEA Act of 2011 H.R.598 To eliminate the preferences and special rules for Alaska Native Corporations under the program under section 8(a) of the Small Business Act. H.R.1161 Community Alcohol Regulatory Effectiveness Act of 2011 H.R.2267 Internet Gambling Regulation, Consumer Protection, and Enforcement Act H.R.2273 Coal Residuals Reuse and Management Act H.R.658 FAA Reauthorization and Reform Act of 2011 H.R.2266 Reasonable Prudence in Regulation Act
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary April 23, 2013 Protective Group Inc DoD contracts for armor and aircraft armor. View registration April 4, 2013 Warrior Protection & Readiness Coalition Military Equipment Issues View registration April 4, 2013 StandardAero Maintenance and repair operations. View registration April 4, 2013 ReEnergy Holdings LLC Renewable energy View registration April 4, 2013 Kinder Morgan, Inc. Natural Gas and Pipelines View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 7 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Barnes & Thornburg" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Barnes & Thornburg
- Toggle 2 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for NATROBA™ (spinosad) U.S. Patent No. 6,342,482 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for NATROBA™ (spinosad) U.S. Patent No. 6,063,771 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Revising Underground Storage Tank Regulations - Revisions to existing requirements and new requirements for secondary containment and operator training 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Draft Guidance on Identifying Waters Protected by the Clean Water Act 2011
- Toggle 1 FERC Credit Reforms in Organized Wholesale Electric Markets 2011
- Toggle 1 SEC Family Offices 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Improving Regulations: General 2011