Barclays PLC (LSE: BARC, NYSE: BCS) is a global financial services company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. As of 2010, it is the world's 10th-largest banking and financial services group and 21st-largest company according to a composite measure by Forbes magazine. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories across Africa, Asia, Europe, North America and South America and around 48 million customers. As of 30 June 2010 it had total assets of €1.94 trillion, the third-largest of any bank worldwide (after BNP Paribas and HSBC).
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Mitt Romney Patrick Durkin $927,160 Romney Victory Inc Patrick Durkin $184,630
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Barclays
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Barclays $3,350,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.940 United States Covered Bond Act of 2011 H.R.3283 Swap Jurisdiction Certainty Act H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 H.R.5297 Small Business Jobs and Credit Act of 2010 S.3816 Creating American Jobs and Ending Offshoring Act H.R.4173 Prevent Iran from Acquiring Nuclear Weapons and Stop War Through Diplomacy Act H.R.2847 American Specialty Agriculture Act S.2 Middle Class Success Act H.R.1081 Consumers Payment System Protection Act
RegulationsMentioned in 84 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Barclays" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Barclays
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Barclays
- Toggle 7 OCC Margin and Capital Requirements for Covered Swap Entities 2011
- Toggle 6 FSOC Recommendation Regarding Money Market Mutual Fund Reform 2012
- Toggle 5 OCC Volcker Rule - Prohibition on Proprietary Trading and Certain Relationships with Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2011
- Toggle 3 TREAS Public Input on the Report to Congress on the U.S. and Global Reinsurance Market 2012
- Toggle 2 CFPB Defining Larger Participants in Certain Consumer Financial Products and Services Markets 2011
- Toggle 2 FAR Federal Acquisition Regulation; Prioritizing Sources of Supplies and Services for Use by the Government; FAR Case 2009-024 2011
- Toggle 2 IRS Information Reporting by Foreign Financial Institutions and Withholding on Certain Payments, etc. 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; Arizona; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan: FIP 2012
- Toggle 2 NHTSA NPRM Update FMVSS Number 124 2012
- Toggle 2 EBSA PTE 2012-09 BlackRock, Inc. and Its Investment Advisory, Investment Management and Broker-Dealer Affiliates and Their Successor [Application No. D-11673] 2012