Barclays PLC (LSE: BARC, NYSE: BCS) is a global financial services company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. As of 2010, it is the world's 10th-largest banking and financial services group and 21st-largest company according to a composite measure by Forbes magazine. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories across Africa, Asia, Europe, North America and South America and around 48 million customers. As of 30 June 2010 it had total assets of €1.94 trillion, the third-largest of any bank worldwide (after BNP Paribas and HSBC).
Campaign Finance$3,505,318 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Mitt Romney Patrick Durkin $927,160 Romney Victory Inc Patrick Durkin $184,630
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Barclays
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Barclays $16,040,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.3915 Mortgage Reform and Anti-Predatory Lending Act of 2007 S.2452 Home Ownership Preservation and Protection Act of 2007 H.R.3221 Federal Housing Finance Reform Act of 2008 H.R.3185 401(k) Fair Disclosure for Retirement Security Act of 2007 H.R.3765 Defined Contribution Plan Fee Transparency Act of 2007 S.2473 Defined Contribution Fee Disclosure Act of 2007 H.R.3283 Swap Jurisdiction Certainty Act S.1691 Comprehensive Derivatives Regulation Act of 2009 H.R.225 Emergency Homeownership and Equity Protection Act
RegulationsMentioned in 493 dockets; Submitted to 7 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Barclays" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Barclays
- Toggle 1 OCC Minimum Capital Ratios; Capital Adequacy Guidelines; Capital Maintenance; Capital: Treatment of Certain Claims on, or Guaranteed By, the Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae) and the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (Freddie Mac) 2008
- Toggle 1 EBSA Withdrawal of Notice of Proposed Exemption Barclays Bank PLC and Barclays Capital Inc. D-11552 Inc. 2009
- Toggle 1 FFIEC TFCC Social Media Guidance Draft 2013
- Toggle 1 IRS Information Reporting by Foreign Financial Institutions and Withholding on Certain Payments, etc. 2012
- Toggle 1 Credit Risk Retention 2013
- Toggle 1 OCC Risk-Based Capital Standards: Advanced Capital Adequacy Framework 2006
- Toggle 1 OCC Margin and Capital Requirements for Covered Swap Entities 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Barclays
- Toggle 17 EPA California State Motor Vehicle Pollution Control Standards- Request for Waiver of Federal Preemption for Zero Emmission Vehicles (ZEVs) 2004
- Toggle 15 EPA California State Motor Vehicle Pollution Control Standards - Request for Waiver of Preemption Under Clean Air Act Section 209(b) for Greenhouse Gas Emissions 2006
- Toggle 11 Amendment to Standards and Practices for All Appropriate Inquiries 2013
- Toggle 7 OCC Margin and Capital Requirements for Covered Swap Entities 2011
- Toggle 6 FSOC Recommendation Regarding Money Market Mutual Fund Reform 2012
- Toggle 6 Credit Risk Retention 2013
- Toggle 6 EPA EPA is proposing to approve state implementation plan (SIP) revisions submitted by the State of California on February 3, 2009, relating to reformulated gasoline (RFG) and diesel fuel sold or supplied as motor vehicle fuels in California. 2009
- Toggle 5 OCC Volcker Rule - Prohibition on Proprietary Trading and Certain Relationships with Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2011
- Toggle 5 EPA California Motor Vehicle Standards; Request for Within-the-Scope Confirmation of LEV II Exhaust and Evaporative Emission Standards and Test Procedures 2004
- Toggle 4 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2009
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.