Akin, Gump et al
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP is a law firm founded in Dallas, Texas, in 1945 by Robert Strauss and Richard Gump. The firm now numbers more than 800 attorneys and advisers in the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. The firm has offices in Dallas, Washington, D.C., Austin, San Antonio, Houston, New York, Moscow, Philadelphia, London, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Beijing, Abu Dhabi and Geneva.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Republican National Cmte Bill Paxon $553,200 Romney Victory Inc Tom Loeffler $78,100 Democratic Congressional Campaign Cmte $50,619 Democratic Senatorial Campaign Cmte $26,100 Mitt Romney Tom Loeffler $17,500
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Akin, Gump et al
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Gila River Indian Community $3,690,000 Osage Tribe of Indians $2,380,000 Crow Tribe $2,190,000 Moody's Corp $1,820,000 Cltn for 21st Century Patent Reform $1,700,000 Dow Chemical $1,510,000 Empresas Fonalledas $1,400,000 Trimble Navigation $1,280,000 KKR & Co $1,200,000 Mortgage Insurance Companies of America $1,120,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1380 New Alternative Transportation to Give Americans Solutions Act of 2011 H.R.942 American Research and Competitiveness Act of 2011 S.1408 Data Breach Notification Act of 2011 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.1249 America Invents Act H.R.3962 Affordable Health Care for America Act H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.496 Securing Citizens' Protection at Federal Events Act H.R.906 Positive Reduction of Incarceration by Maximizing Education Act H.R.1018 To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to make permanent the deduction for mortgage insurance premiums.
RegulationsMentioned in 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Akin, Gump et al" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Akin, Gump et al
- Toggle 1 CFTC Position Limits for Derivatives 2011
- Toggle 1 SEC Disclosure of Payments by Resource Extraction Issuers 2012
- Toggle 1 CFTC Definitions: Swap Dealer, Security-Based Swap Dealer, Major Swap Participant, Major Security-Based Swap Participant and Eligible Contract Participant 2012
- Toggle 1 SEC Definitions: Swap Dealer, Security-Based Swap Dealer, Major Swap Participant, Major Security-Based Swap Participant and Eligible Contract Participant 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Revisions to the California State Implementation Plan, Fumigant Rules and Pesticide commitment for San Joaquin Valley 2012
- Toggle 1 ED 2011 Public Hearings for Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended (HEA) Regulations 2011
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Akin, Gump et al" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee