- Latest Office Held:
- US House, FL
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, FL
Vernon G. "Vern" Buchanan (born May 8, 1951) is the Congressman for Florida's 13th congressional district, serving since 2007. He is a member of the Republican Party.
Campaign Finance$10,858,586 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event Oct. 23, 2014
- Fundraiser at Longboat Key Club
- Hosted by:
- Dr. Peter Wish, Carlos Beruff, Janelle Beruff, Garrett Copeland, Dennis McGillicuddy, Graci McGillicuddy, David & Edith Chaifetz, Mario & Ivis Garcia, Joseph Gruters, Jason Hughes, Kathleen King, Bob & Karen Long, Dr. Allan Seals, L.B. Wish
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $2,969,000 Manatee Harbor 2009 $2,483,000 Manatee Harbor, FL 2009 $2,076,000 Intracoastal Waterway, Caloosahatchee River to Anclote River, FL 2010 $1,750,000 Tamiami Trail (U.S. 41) Safety Improvements, Miami, FL 2008 $1,504,000 Migratory Shark Research at Mote Marine Laboratory 2010 $1,500,000 Mote Marine Laboratory, Sarasota, fl: Science Consortium for Ocean Replenishment (SCORE) 2008 $1,296,000 University of Florida: Citrus Canker/ Greening, FL 2008 $1,235,000 Intracoastal Waterway, Caloosahatchee River to Anclote River 2009 $1,217,000 Citrus Canker/ Greening, FL 2009 $1,200,000 Florida Collaborative Development of Advanced Materials for Strategic ApplicationsRequested by