- Latest Office Held:
- US House, WI
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, WI
Thomas Evert Petri (born May 28, 1940) is the U.S. Representative for Wisconsin's 6th congressional district, serving since 1979. He is a member of the Republican Party. The district includes most of the east-central part of the state.
Campaign Finance$5,376,979 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $4,308,000 Fox River 2008 $4,000,000 John Deere Horicon Works: Operating Forces -- M-GatorRequested by 2010 $3,600,000 Department of Defense (Petri) Fort Bragg (Kissell): Lightweight Tactical Utility Vehicles 2010 $3,407,000 Great Lakes Remedial Action Plans & Sediment Remediation, MI, IL, IN, MN, NY, OH, PA & WI 2009 $3,200,000 Light-weight Tactical Utility Vehicles 2010 $2,471,000 Great Lakes Fishery and Ecosystem Restoration, MI 2008 $1,860,000 Two Rivers Harbor 2008 $1,378,000 Ice Age National Scenic Trail 2009 $1,195,000 Great Lakes Remedial Action Plans (Rap), MIRequested by
- George V. Voinovich (R-OH),
- Phil English (R-PA),
- John Conyers, Jr. (D-MI),
- Vernon J. Ehlers (R-MI),
- Brian M. Higgins (D-NY),
- Norm Coleman (R-MN),
- Herb Kohl (D-WI),
- Hillary Clinton (D-NY),
- Marcy Kaptur (D-OH),
- Gwen Moore (D-WI),
- Stephanie Tubbs Jones (D-OH),
- Carl Levin (D-MI),
- Tim Walberg (R-MI),
- John D. Dingell (D-MI),
- Sherrod Brown (D-OH),
- Tom Petri (R-WI),
- Dale E. Kildee (D-MI),
- Sander Levin (D-MI),
- Charles E. Schumer (D-NY),
- and Deborah Ann Stabenow (D-MI)
2009 $1,000,000 Ice Age National Scenic Trail