- Office Held:
- US House, IA
- Office Sought:
- US House, IA
Thomas "Tom" Latham (born July 14, 1948) is the U.S. Representative for Iowa's 4th congressional district, serving since 1995. He is a member of the Republican Party.
Campaign Finance$1,327,411 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $1,327,411 #255 of 713 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $806,642 #415 of 713 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $591,043 #81 of 713 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $7,200,000 Iowa State University (Latham Florida A&M University (Brown: Multi-Utility Materials for Future Combat Systems 2010 $4,800,000 Iowa State University: New Vaccines to Fight Respiratory Disease and Central Nervous Disorders 2010 $4,062,000 Des Moines Recreational River and Greenbelt, IA 2010 $4,000,000 Advanced Analytical Technologies, Inc.: Portable Rapid Bacterial Warfare Detection Unit 2010 $3,600,000 BioProtection Systems Corporation: Anti-viral Vaccine Development 2010 $3,200,000 Rockwell Collins Inc: Low Cost Military Global Positioning System (GPS) Receiver 2010 $2,800,000 Iowa State University: Advanced Live, Virtual, and Constructive Training Systems 2010 $2,800,000 ETREMA Products, Inc.: Galfenol Energy Harvesting 2010 $2,720,000 Rockwell Collins Inc: CH-47F Common Avionics Architecture System-Pilot Vehicle Interface 2010 $2,400,000 Mechdyne Corporation: Shared Vision