- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, CA
Thomas Peter Lantos (February 1, 1928 – February 11, 2008) was a Democratic member of the United States House of Representatives from 1981 until his death, representing the northern two-thirds of San Mateo County and a portion of southwest San Francisco. Lantos had announced in early January 2008 that he would not run for reelection because of cancer of the esophagus, but died before finishing his term. Lantos was the only Holocaust survivor to have served in the United States Congress.
Campaign Finance$4,515,517 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $3,112,000 San Francisco Bay Harbor, California 2008 $2,940,000 Golden Gate National Park Conservancy, Park Access and Trails 2008 $2,400,000 Cellerant Therapeutics, Inc.: Chemical and Biological Defense Program - Advanced Development -- Myeloid Progenitor for Acute Radiation Syndrome 2008 $2,000,000 Achaogen: Chemical and Biological Defense Program - Advanced Development -- Acinetobacter Baumannii Research 2008 $1,969,000 Golden Gate National Recreation Area - Rancho Corral de Tierra 2008 $1,600,000 Pentagon Light: Night Vision Devices -- Modular Tactical LED Weapon Light with IR Illuminator 2008 $1,470,000 San Francisco Control Tower Replacement 2008 $916,500 San Mateo County, CA Sheriff's Office Jail Management System 2008 $800,000 AtHoc: Base Support -- Air Force Material Command's Net-centric Emergency Notification System 2008 $669,750 Gulf of Farralones NMS Exhibit, to enhance the public awareness of the Sanctuary and human dependence upon a healthy ocean ecosystem, Fitzgerald Marine Reserve