- Office Held:
- US House, MO
- Office Sought:
- US House, MO
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Todd Akin
W. Todd Akin (born July 5, 1947), is the U.S. Representative for Missouri's 2nd congressional district, serving since 2001. He is a member of the Republican Party.
Campaign Finance$759,998 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $759,998 #436 of 713 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $825,668 #405 of 713 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $532,124 #93 of 713 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $6,276,000 Upper Mississippi River--Illinois WW System, IL, IA, MN, MO & WIRequested by
- Leonard L. Boswell (D-IA),
- Christopher Bond (R-MO),
- Todd Akin (R-MO),
- David Loebsack (D-IA),
- Chuck Grassley (R-IA),
- Dick Durbin (D-IL),
- Tom Harkin (D-IA),
- Keith Ellison (D-MN),
- John M. Shimkus (R-IL),
- Phil Hare (D-IL),
- Aaron Schock (R-IL),
- Russ Carnahan (D-MO),
- Deborah Halvorson (D-IL),
- Amy Klobuchar (D-MN),
- and James L. Oberstar (D-MN)
2010 $2,400,000 Eagle Industries: Aircrew Body Armor and Load Carriage Vest System 2010 $1,600,000 Clean Earth Technologies: Hyper Spectral Sensor for Improved Force Protection 2010 $1,040,000 TechGuard Security: Heuristic Internet Protocol Packet Inspection Engine (HIPPIE) 2010 $993,000 Meramec River Basin, Valley Park Levee, MO 2010 $800,000 Aerospace Filtration Systems, Inc.: Air Filtration Systems for National Guard Helicopters 2010 $800,000 Essex Cryogenics: Backpack Medical Oxygen System (BMOS) 2010 $400,000 New Interchange, US 61 @ S. Lincoln Dr. Troy, MO 2010 $400,000 Bridge Replacement, MO 79 at Sandy Creek, Lincoln County, MO