- Office Sought:
- US Senate, VA
KAINE, Timothy Michael (Tim), a Senator from Virginia; born in St. Paul, Minn., February 26, 1958; graduated University of Missouri, B.A., 1979; graduated Harvard University, J.D., 1983; lawyer; Richmond City Council 1994-1998; mayor of Richmond, Va., 1998-2001; lieutenant governor of Virginia 2002-2006; governor of Virginia 2006-2010; chairman of the Democratic National Committee 2009-2011; elected as a Democrat to the United States Senate in 2012 for the term ending January 3, 2019.
Campaign Finance$17,956,892 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Download all contributions to Tim Kaine Download all independent expenditures for or against Tim Kaine
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $17,956,892 #8 of 59 Senate candidates
- Total Spent:
- $17,918,247 #8 of 59 Senate candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $127,474 #28 of 59 Senate candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending Crossroads GPSOppose $10,559,258 National Republican Senatorial CmteOppose $5,682,219 Independence Virginia PACOppose $4,921,412 Majority PACSupport $1,002,311 Service Employees International UnionSupport $871,525 Service Employees International Union Pea-FederalSupport $793,828 American CrossroadsOppose $728,652 Americans for Tax ReformOppose $292,997 National Rifle AssnOppose $262,410 Environment AmericaSupport $198,954
Donor Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event Sept. 29, 2015
- Smoked 'n Oaked: A Celebration of Virginia's Best Barbecue, Beer and Bourbon at Jones Day Rooftop