- Latest Office Held:
- US House, PA
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, PA
Thomas Timothy "Tim" Holden (born March 5, 1957) is the U.S. Representative for Pennsylvania's 17th congressional district, serving since 1993. He is a member of the Democratic Party.
Campaign Finance$8,477,867 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $10,976,000 CORRIDORone 2008 $6,300,000 Operations and Training Facility 2008 $5,600,000 Penn State University: Medical Development -- Penn State Cancer Institute 2009 $4,602,000 Pasture Systems & Watershed Management Research, University Park, PA 2010 $3,200,000 Unk: National Functional Genomics Center Collaborating Site 2009 $3,200,000 Call For Fire Trainer (CFFD for the Army National Guard 2008 $3,200,000 Fidelity Technologies: Training Devices, Nonsystem -- Call for Fire Trainer for ARNG 2009 $2,800,000 Penn State Cancer Institute 2010 $2,400,000 Pennsylvania National Guard: Machine Gun Training System for the Pennsylvania National Guard 2009 $2,365,000 Mid-Atlantic River CommissionsRequested by
- Arlen Specter (D-PA),
- Wayne T. Gilchrest (R-MD),
- Jim Gerlach (R-PA),
- Rush Holt (D-NJ),
- Jim Moran (D-VA),
- Steny H. Hoyer (D-MD),
- Maurice Hinchey (D-NY),
- Robert A. Brady (D-PA),
- John Hall (D-NY),
- Bob Casey (D-PA),
- Tom Carper (D-DE),
- Ben Cardin (D-MD),
- Charlie Dent (R-PA),
- Joseph R. Biden, Jr. (D-DE),
- Barbara A. Mikulski (D-MD),
- Charles E. Schumer (D-NY),
- Frank R. Lautenberg (D-NJ),
- Tim Holden (D-PA),
- Allyson Schwartz (D-PA),
- and Castle (DE)