- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, VA
Thelma D. Drake (born November 20, 1949 in Elyria, Ohio) was a Member of Congress of the Republican party from the state of Virginia. She was first elected to the United States House of Representatives in November 2004 to represent Virginia's 2nd congressional district. She was defeated by Democrat Glenn Nye in 2008.
Campaign Finance$4,532,747 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $14,200,000 Joint Forces Command Headquarters, Building One 2008 $11,947,000 Norfolk Harbor 2009 $9,960,000 Fire and Emergency Services Station 2009 $9,808,000 Norfolk Harbor, VA 2008 $5,300,000 Parachute Drying Facility 2008 $2,808,000 Virginia Beach (Hurricane Protection) 2009 $2,800,000 Automated Readiness Measurement System (ARMS) 2009 $2,800,000 Automated Fiber Optic Manufacturing Initiative 2008 $2,500,000 Morphix Technologies: Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Technology Development -- Chameleon Chemical Detection Armband 2009 $2,000,000 Chesapeake Bay Oyster Recovery, MD & VARequested by
- Wayne T. Gilchrest (R-MD),
- Jim Moran (D-VA),
- Thelma Drake (R-VA),
- John Sarbanes (D-MD),
- John W. Warner (R-VA),
- Rob Wittman (R-VA),
- Steny H. Hoyer (D-MD),
- Dutch Ruppersberger (D-MD),
- Tom Davis (R-VA),
- Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC),
- Chris Van Hollen (D-MD),
- Ben Cardin (D-MD),
- Roscoe G. Bartlett (R-MD),
- James Webb (D-VA),
- Barbara A. Mikulski (D-MD),
- and Robert C. Scott (D-VA)