- Latest Office Sought:
- US Senate, AK
Theodore Fulton "Ted" Stevens (November 18, 1923 – August 9, 2010) was a United States Senator from Alaska, serving from December 24, 1968, until January 3, 2009, and thus the longest-serving Republican senator in history. He was President pro tempore in the 108th and 109th Congresses from January 3, 2003, to January 3, 2007, and the third senator to hold the title of President pro tempore emeritus.
Campaign Finance$11,949,865 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2009 $60,000,000 Joint Tanana Range Access 2008 $44,200,000 Office Of Economic Adjustment -- Access to Joint Tanana Training Complex 2008 $39,283,000 Denali Commission to support health projects and economic development activities for the arctic region 2008 $33,907,000 Alaska Native Educational Equity 2008 $20,000,000 Combat Training Ranges -- Red Flag PARC Upgrades 2008 $20,000,000 Power Projection Advanced Technology -- Expeditionary Craft 2009 $16,000,000 Readiness Center 2009 $16,000,000 C-17 Assault Landing Zone 2008 $15,150,000 Anchorage Harbor 2008 $15,100,000 Force Readiness Operations Support -- PARC/Multi-Brigade Training Requirements