- Office Sought:
- US Senate, TX
CRUZ, Rafael Edward (Ted), a Senator from Texas; born in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, December 22, 1970; graduated Princeton University, B.A., 1992; graduated Harvard University, J.D., 1995; law clerk to Chief Justice of the United States William Rehnquist; associate deputy attorney general, U.S. Department of Justice; director of the Office of Policy Planning, Federal Trade Commission; solicitor general of Texas 2003-2008; lawyer; elected as a Republican to the United States Senate in 2012 for the term ending January 3, 2019.
Campaign Finance$14,318,952 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Download all contributions to Ted Cruz Download all independent expenditures for or against Ted Cruz
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $14,318,952 #10 of 59 Senate candidates
- Total Spent:
- $14,618,864 #11 of 59 Senate candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $479,413 #16 of 59 Senate candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending Texas Conservatives FundOppose $5,511,602 Senate Conservatives FundSupport $961,028 Club for GrowthSupport $673,287 Club For Growth ActionSupport $621,656 Senate Conservatives ActionSupport $510,650 FreedomWorksSupport $447,172 Freedomworks For AmericaSupport $447,172 Ending Spending FundSupport $157,157 Our Country Deserves Better/TeaPartyExpSupport $140,315 Endorse Liberty IncSupport $123,358
Donor Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals