Steven A. King
- Latest Office Held:
- US House, IA
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, IA
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Steve King
Steven Arnold "Steve" King (born May 28, 1949) is the U.S. Representative for Iowa's 5th congressional district, serving since 2003. He is a member of the Republican Party.
Campaign Finance$5,263,124 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event Oct. 26, 2013
- Pheasant Hunt at Hole N The Wall Lodge
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2009 $27,000,000 Lewis and Clark Rural Water System 2009 $5,600,000 Vehicle Maintenance & Comm. Training Complex 2008 $3,500,000 Goodrich Corporation Turbine Fuel Technologies: Aerospace Propulsion -- Active Combustion Control System for Military Aircraft 2009 $2,000,000 Defense Advanced GPS Receiver (DAGR) 2008 $1,607,200 Council Bluffs Municipal Airport, Establishment of Instrument Landing System 2009 $1,600,000 Biological Threat Antibody ResearchRequested by
- Steven A. King (R-IA),
- and Herseth Sandlin (D-SD)
2009 $1,600,000 Battlefield Plastic Biodiesel 2010 $1,500,000 Interstate 29 Reconstruction and Utility Relocation Project, IA 2010 $1,146,000 Little Sioux Watershed Project, IA 2009 $1,146,000 Little Sioux Watershed Project, Iowa