- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, SD
- Lobbying Activity
- See also: Lobbyist profile for Stephanie Herseth
Stephanie Herseth Sandlin (born December 3, 1970) is the former U.S. Representative for South Dakota's At-large congressional district, serving from 2004 until 2011. She is a member of the Democratic Party. She was the youngest female member of the House, and the first woman elected to the House of Representatives from South Dakota. Prior to her 2007 marriage, she was known as Stephanie Herseth. She was defeated by Kristi Noem in her attempt to be re-elected to Congress on November 2, 2010.
Campaign Finance$7,894,944 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals