Steny H. Hoyer
- Office Held:
- US House, MD
- Office Sought:
- US House, MD
Steny Hamilton Hoyer (pronounced /ˈstɛni ˈhɔɪ.ər/; born June 14, 1939) is a Democratic member of the United States House of Representatives, representing Maryland's 5th congressional district since 1981. On November 16, 2006, Hoyer was elected as House Majority Leader over John Murtha of Pennsylvania. He is the first Marylander to become Majority Leader.
Campaign Finance$4,498,273 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $4,498,273 #12 of 713 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $4,687,713 #12 of 713 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $459,962 #102 of 713 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Donor Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Bundled Lobbyist ContributionsLobbyists and lobbying firms that raised money from multiple donors on behalf of the politician. Contributions from the lobbyist or firm itself are not included.
Bundler Amount National Assn of Realtors $40,750
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event Feb. 11, 2015
- Reception at Democratic National Headquarters
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $11,043,000 Special Communications Engineering Facility 2010 $5,000,000 Naval Surface Warfare Center at Indian Head: Manufacturing S&T for Next-Generation Energetics 2010 $5,000,000 Patuxent River Surface and Aviation Interoperability Laboratory (Mikulski) Patuxent River Naval Air Station (Hoyer, Cardin): National Aviation Enterprise Interoperability with Carrier Strike and Expeditionary Group Forces 2010 $4,000,000 Patuxent River Naval Air Station: Improved Capabilities for Irregular Warfare Platforms 2010 $4,000,000 Naval Surface Warfare Center at Indian Head: Advanced Energetics Initiative 2010 $3,500,000 Center for Energetic Concepts Development: Energetics S&T Workforce Development 2010 $3,000,000 Agricultural Research Facility, Beltsville, MD 2010 $3,000,000 Naval Surface Warfare Center at Indian Head: Underwater Explosives and Warhead Research 2010 $3,000,000 NOAA Chesapeake Bay Office, Annapolis, MD: Chesapeake Bay Oyster RestorationRequested by
- Jim Moran (D-VA),
- John Sarbanes (D-MD),
- Donna Edwards (D-MD),
- Frank M. Kratovil, Jr. (D-MD),
- Steny H. Hoyer (D-MD),
- Mark Warner (D-VA),
- Dutch Ruppersberger (D-MD),
- Gerry Connolly (D-VA),
- Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC),
- Chris Van Hollen (D-MD),
- Ben Cardin (D-MD),
- James Webb (D-VA),
- Barbara A. Mikulski (D-MD),
- and Robert C. Scott (D-VA)
2010 $2,700,000 University of Maryland Public Safety Training and Technical Assistance Program, Greenbelt, MD: Prince George's County-Montgomery County Gang Prevention and Suppression Task Force