- Office Held:
- US Senate, OH
- Office Sought:
- US Senate, OH
Sherrod Campbell Brown (born November 9, 1952) is the senior United States Senator from Ohio and a member of the Democratic Party. Before his election to the U.S. Senate, he was a member of the United States House of Representatives, representing Ohio's 13th congressional district from 1993 to 2007. He previously served as Ohio Secretary of State (1983-1991) and a member of the Ohio House of Representatives (1974–1982).
Campaign Finance$20,698,514 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $20,698,514 #5 of 59 Senate candidates
- Total Spent:
- $21,914,316 #5 of 59 Senate candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $551,089 #15 of 59 Senate candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending Crossroads GPSOppose $6,363,712 Service Employees International UnionSupport $1,397,847 Service Employees International Union Pea-FederalSupport $1,255,770 Now Or Never PACOppose $1,200,000 National Republican Senatorial CmteOppose $990,553 Club For Growth ActionOppose $828,015 Club for GrowthOppose $828,015 Freedomworks For AmericaOppose $734,251 FreedomWorksOppose $734,251 Ending Spending FundOppose $402,681
Donor Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Bundled Lobbyist ContributionsLobbyists and lobbying firms that raised money from multiple donors on behalf of the politician. Contributions from the lobbyist or firm itself are not included.
Bundler Amount Human Rights Campaign PAC $95,426 JSTREETPAC $86,808 Council for a Livable World $37,150 League of Conservation Voters $35,512 Association For The Advancement Of $22,791