- Office Sought:
- US House, NY
MALONEY, Sean Patrick, a Representative from New York; born in Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada, July 30, 1966; attended Georgetown University, Washington, D.C., 1986; B.A., University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Va., 1988; J.D., University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Va., 1992; campaign aide; lawyer, private practice; businessman; staff secretary to President William J. Clinton; unsuccessful candidate for nomination for New York attorney general in 2006; first deputy secretary to New York Governor Eliot Spitzer; elected as a Democrat to the One Hundred Thirteenth Congress (January 3, 2013-present).
Campaign Finance$2,240,018 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Download all contributions to Sean Maloney Download all independent expenditures for or against Sean Maloney
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $2,240,018 #101 of 722 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $2,246,008 #91 of 722 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $11,163 #439 of 722 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending National Republican Congressional CmteOppose $1,022,210 Americans for Tax ReformOppose $699,129 Crossroads GPSOppose $264,054 American Fedn of St/Cnty/Munic EmployeesSupport $200,250 Planned ParenthoodSupport $5,000 Service Employees International UnionSupport $1,636 Service Employees International Union Pea-FederalSupport $1,270
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals