- Office Sought:
- US House, CA
PETERS, Scott, a Representative from California; born in Springfield, Clark County, Ohio, June 17, 1958; B.A., Duke University, Durham, N.C., 1980; J.D., New York University, New York, N.Y., 1984; lawyer, private practice; economist, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 1980-1981; deputy attorney, city of San Diego, Calif., 1991-1996; member of the San Diego, Calif., city council, 2000-2008; president of the San Diego, Calif., city council, 2006-2008; commissioner, San Diego unified port district, 2009-2012; elected as a Democrat to the One Hundred Thirteenth Congress (January 3, 2013-present).
Campaign Finance$4,375,938 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Download all contributions to Scott Peters Download all independent expenditures for or against Scott Peters
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $4,375,938 #17 of 721 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $4,352,737 #18 of 721 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $28,701 #369 of 721 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending National Republican Congressional CmteOppose $2,431,179 Americans for Tax ReformOppose $1,392,783 Progressive Kick Independent ExpendituresOppose $68,555 Environment AmericaSupport $12,900 Planned ParenthoodSupport $9,579 Community Empowerment CoalitionSupport $6,636 National Nurses UnitedSupport $4,667 National Nurses United For Patient ProtectionSupport $4,667
Donor Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event June 15, 2016
- Breakfast at Fiola Ristoranta
June 15, 2016
- Birthday Celebration at 419 New Jersey Avenue SE
April 14, 2016
- Luncheon at Oracle Townhouse
- Hosted by:
- Sam DePoy (ARDA-PAC), Kirk Freeman