Scott P. Brown
- Office Held:
- US Senate, MA
- Office Sought:
- US Senate, MA
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for Scott P. Brown
Scott Philip Brown (born September 12, 1959), an American politician, is the junior United States Senator from Massachusetts and a member of the Republican Party. Before his election, he served as a member of the Massachusetts General Court, first in the State House of Representatives (1998–2004) and then in the State Senate (2004–2010).
Campaign Finance$27,880,349 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $27,880,349 #4 of 59 Senate candidates
- Total Spent:
- $29,927,011 #4 of 59 Senate candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $287,461 #19 of 59 Senate candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending Rethink PACOppose $1,158,830 America 360 CommitteeSupport $444,991 EMILY's ListOppose $409,943 Women Vote!Oppose $409,943 American Fedn of St/Cnty/Munic EmployeesOppose $205,272 Afl-CioOppose $95,574 Right to LifeSupport $45,192 International Assn of Fire FightersOppose $14,508 NFIB The Voice of Free Enterprise Inc.Support $13,489 60 Plus AssnSupport $5,018
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event Aug. 29, 2014
- Lunch at Etch Restaurant
July 2, 2014
- Fundraiser at Bittersweet Farm
- Hosted by:
- Mitt Romney, Doug and Stella Scamman