- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, NY
Matthew Scott Murphy (born January 26, 1970) is an entrepreneur and the former U.S. Representative for New York's 20th congressional district, serving from 2009 until 2011. He is a member of the Democratic Party. He was defeated in his attempt to attain election to a full term on November 2, 2010.
Campaign Finance$4,497,333 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $2,000,000 SUNY Cobleskill: Biowaste-to-Bioenergy Center 2010 $1,600,000 Benet Laboratories: Next Generation Machining Technology and Equipment 2010 $850,000 Floyd Bennett Memorial/Warren County Airport Improvements, NY 2010 $350,000 Hudson Headwaters Health Network, Queensbury, NY for facilities and equipment 2010 $350,000 Northern Dutchess Hospital, Rhinebeck, NY for facilities and equipment 2010 $300,000 Alternative Fuel Bus Project, Schaghticoke, NY 2010 $300,000 Large-Scale Wind Training Program, Hudson Valley Community College, Troy, NY 2010 $200,000 Hudson Area Library Association, Hudson, NY: Hudson Area Library Association, Hudson, NY, Restoration and renovation of the Hudson Area Library 2010 $100,000 County Rails-to-Trails Economic Development and Tourism Project, NY 2010 $40,000 East Main Street Sidewalk Project, NY