- Latest Office Held:
- US House, NJ
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, NJ
- State Candidancy or Office Held:
- See also: State profile for E. Scott Garrett
Ernest Scott Garrett (born July 9, 1959) is the U.S. Representative for New Jersey's 5th congressional district, serving since 2003. He is a member of the Republican Party. The district includes much of the northwestern portion of the state. He previously served in the New Jersey General Assembly from 1990 to 2002.
Campaign Finance$8,215,136 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $4,000,000 Imperial Machine & Tool Co.: Weapons and Munitions Advanced Technology -- Lightweight Munitions and Surveillance System (LMSS) for Unmanned Air & Ground Vehicles 2010 $3,840,000 Imperial Machine & Tool Co: Lightweight Munitions and Surveillance System for Unmanned Air and Ground Vehicles 2009 $2,800,000 Lightweight Munitions and Surveillance System for Unmanned Air and Ground Vehicles 2009 $2,500,000 Advanced Fluid Controls for Shipboard Applications Phase III 2008 $2,461,000 Sparta Mountain South 2008 $2,400,000 Marotta Scientific Controls, Inc.: Shipboard System Component Development -- Advanced Fluid Controls for Shipboard Applications 2008 $2,400,000 Dewey Electronics: Logistics and Engineer Support- SDD -- 2kW Military Tactical Generator Product Improvement 2008 $1,723,000 Highlands Conservation Act (CT, NJ, NY, PA)Requested by
- Arlen Specter (D-PA),
- Jim Gerlach (R-PA),
- Robert Menendez (D-NJ),
- Hillary Clinton (D-NY),
- Chris Murphy (D-CT),
- John Hall (D-NY),
- Eliot L. Engel (D-NY),
- Chris Dodd (D-CT),
- Jim Saxton (R-NJ),
- Charlie Dent (R-PA),
- Christopher Shays (R-CT),
- Frank A. LoBiondo (R-NJ),
- Joe Lieberman (I-CT),
- Rosa L. DeLauro (D-CT),
- Scott Garrett (R-NJ),
- Bill Pascrell, Jr. (D-NJ),
- Charles E. Schumer (D-NY),
- Frank R. Lautenberg (D-NJ),
- Tim Holden (D-PA),
- Allyson Schwartz (D-PA),
- and Frelinghuyson (R-NJ)
2009 $1,600,000 Institute for the Advancement of Bloodless Medicine 2009 $1,600,000 M-PACT High Pressure Pure Air Generator System