- Latest Office Held:
- US House, TX
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, TX
Samuel Robert "Sam" Johnson (born October 11, 1930) is an American politician and a retired career U.S. Air Force officer and fighter pilot. He currently is a Republican member of the U.S. House of Representatives from the 3rd District of Texas (map). The district includes much of northeastern Dallas, as well as Plano, where he lives.
Campaign Finance$8,647,626 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $3,040,000 L-3 Electro-Optical Systems Division: Remote Aiming and Sighting Optical Retrofit ' 2010 $2,720,000 SVTronics, Inc.: Mobile, Oxygen, Ventilation and External Suction (MOVES) System 2010 $2,400,000 Rockwell Collins Inc: E-6B Strategic Communications Upgrade 2008 $2,400,000 University Research Initiatives -- Secure Grids for Network Centric Operations 2010 $2,000,000 MicroFab Technologies, Inc.: Bio-Printing of Skin for Battlefield Burn Repairs 2008 $2,000,000 SRI Product Development: Marine Corps Ground Combat/Supporting Arms Systems -- Mobile Oxygen, Ventilation, and External Suction (MOVES) 2008 $1,840,000 Applied Signal Technology: Soldier Systems- Advanced Development -- Warrior SIGINT CapabilityRequested by 2010 $1,600,000 Raytheon Co: Current Force Common Active Protection System Radar 2009 $1,600,000 Stryker Common Active Protection System (APS) Radar 2009 $1,600,000 Secure Network Centric OperationsRequested by