- Latest Office Sought:
- US Senate, IL
Roland Wallace Burris (born August 3, 1937) is a former United States Senator from the state of Illinois and a member of the Democratic Party.
Some of this data may be out of date
State influence data from the National Institute on Money in State Politics changed in format and availability during the 2013-2014 election cycle. While we work to integrate their new style of data release, state-level campaign finance data for the 2014 cycle and beyond will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience, but heartily recommend trying out their snazzy new site at FollowTheMoney.org!
Campaign Finance$99,250 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $7,600,000 Quad City Development Group: Arsenal Support Program Initiative at Rock Island Arsenal 2010 $5,600,000 Readiness Center Expansion 2010 $4,500,000 University of California American Burn Association (Lungren): Military Burn Trauma Research ProgramRequested by
- Daniel E. Lungren (R-CA),
- John Kerry (D-MA),
- Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY),
- Barbara Boxer (D-CA),
- Robert Menendez (D-NJ),
- Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI),
- Maria Cantwell (D-WA),
- Mark Begich (D-AK),
- Roland Burris (D-IL),
- Joe Lieberman (I-CT),
- Sherrod Brown (D-OH),
- Bernie Sanders (I-VT),
- Orrin G. Hatch (R-UT),
- Charles E. Schumer (D-NY),
- Doris O. Matsui (D-CA),
- and Jack Reed (D-RI)
2010 $4,000,000 Honeywell International: Bio-synthetic Paraffinic Kerosene ProductionRequested by 2010 $3,896,000 Illinois Downstate Bus & Bus Facilities, IL 2010 $3,500,000 Communities in Schools for activities authorized under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act 2010 $3,200,000 Honeywell International Hamilton Sundstrand (Manzullo, Durbin): Thermal and Energy Management for Aerospace 2010 $2,000,000 Illinois National Guard: Advanced Trauma Training Course for the Illinois National Guard 2010 $2,000,000 Water Environment Research Foundation: Water Environment Research FoundationRequested by 2010 $1,600,000 Illinois Army National Guard: Tools for Maintenance ConversionRequested by