- Office Sought:
- US House, IL
DAVIS, Rodney, a Representative from Illinois; born in Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa, January 5, 1970; attended the public schools in Taylorville, Ill.; B.A., Millikin University, Decatur, Ill., 1992; staff, Illinois secretary of state, 1992-1996; unsuccessful candidate for the Illinois state house of representatives in 1996; staff, United States Representative John Shimkus of Illinois, 1997-2012; unsuccessful candidate for mayor of Taylorville, Ill., in 2001; elected as a Republican to the One Hundred Thirteenth and to the succeeding Congress (January 3, 2013-present).
Campaign Finance$1,400,451 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Download all contributions to Rodney Davis Download all independent expenditures for or against Rodney Davis
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $1,400,451 #275 of 1586 House candidates
- Total Spent:
- $1,383,024 #254 of 1586 House candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $17,427 #501 of 1586 House candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending Democratic Congressional Campaign CmteOppose $2,766,936 House Majority PACOppose $167,175 Service Employees International UnionOppose $55,373 Service Employees International Union Pea-FederalOppose $55,007 Lunch Pail Republicans Independent Expenditure Only CommitteeSupport $28,653 Illinois Chamber of CommerceSupport $25,000 Yg Network Inc.Support $23,467 New Prosperity FoundationSupport $16,000 New Prosperity Foundation; TheSupport $16,000 Planned ParenthoodOppose $9,550
Donor Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals