- Latest Office Held:
- US House, LA
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, LA
Rodney McKinnie Alexander (born December 5, 1946) is the U.S. Representative for Louisiana's 5th congressional district, serving since 2003. He is a member of the Republican Party. The district covers twenty-two parishes in roughly the northeast quadrant of the state. As of the start of the 112th Congress, he is the senior member of Louisiana's House delegation.
Campaign Finance$6,410,967 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2009 $51,354,000 Mississippi River, Baton Rouge to the Gulf of Mexico, LA 2009 $14,600,000 Security Forces Complex 2010 $12,800,000 Phase Five Ramp Replacement-Aircraft Apron Pavement 2008 $11,840,000 Ouachita and Black Rivers 2008 $11,809,000 J. Bennett Johnston Waterway 2010 $10,125,000 National Domestic Preparedness Consortium: National Center for Biomedicai Research and Training, Louisiana State University, LA 2009 $9,797,000 J. Bennett Johnston Waterway, LA 2009 $9,091,000 Comite River (Diversion Project), LA 2009 $8,347,000 Atchafauya River and Bayous Chene, Boeuf & Black, LA 2009 $7,898,000 Ouachfta and Black Rivers, AR and LA