Robert C. Byrd
- Office Sought:
- US Senate, WV
Robert Carlyle Byrd (born Cornelius Calvin Sale, Jr.; November 20, 1917 – June 28, 2010) was a United States Senator from West Virginia. A member of the Democratic Party, Byrd served as a U.S. Representative from 1953 until 1959 and as a U.S. Senator from 1959 to 2010. He was the longest-serving senator and the longest-serving member in the history of the United States Congress.
Campaign Finance$10,091 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2010 $39,700,000 Advanced Training Center, WV 2010 $21,750,000 Island Creek, Logan, WV 2010 $19,500,000 C-5 Taxiway Upgrades 2010 $12,000,000 Information Manufacturing Corporation: AFIP/Joint Pathology Center Records Digitization and Repository Modernization 2010 $10,990,000 Emergency Services Center 2010 $9,500,000 U.S. Department of the Navy: Allegany Ballistics Laboratory Facility Restoration Plan 2010 $8,000,000 TTI Technologies, Inc.: Smart Sensor Supercomputing Center 2010 $7,000,000 Marshall University: Institute of Advanced Flexible Manufacturing Systems 2010 $6,400,000 FMW Composite Systems: Titanium Metal Matrix Composite and Nano-Enhanced Titanium Development 2010 $6,400,000 Greenpak, Inc.: Supply Chain Logistics Capability at the ABL NIROP