Robert C. Byrd
- Latest Office Sought:
- US Senate, WV
Robert Carlyle Byrd (born Cornelius Calvin Sale, Jr.; November 20, 1917 – June 28, 2010) was a United States Senator from West Virginia. A member of the Democratic Party, Byrd served as a U.S. Representative from 1953 until 1959 and as a U.S. Senator from 1959 to 2010. He was the longest-serving senator and the longest-serving member in the history of the United States Congress.
Campaign Finance$4,497,703 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2008 $54,000,000 Weapons Industrial Facilities -- ABL Facility Restoration Program 2010 $39,700,000 Advanced Training Center, WV 2009 $39,700,000 Advanced Training Center, WV 2008 $39,700,000 Advanced Training Center 2009 $38,000,000 ABL Restoration Plan 2008 $28,290,000 Levisa and Tug Forks and Upper Cumberland River 2009 $27,000,000 Fuel System/Corrosion Control Hangar 2010 $21,750,000 Island Creek, Logan, WV 2009 $20,000,000 AFIP/Joint Pathology Center UPC) Records Digitization and Repository Modernization 2010 $19,500,000 C-5 Taxiway Upgrades