- Latest Office Held:
- US House, MN
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, MN
NOLAN, Richard Michael, a Representative from Minnesota; born in Brainerd, Crow Wing County, Minn., December 17, 1943; graduated from Brainerd High School, 1962; attended St. Johns University, Collegeville, Minn., 1962; B.A., University of Minnesota, 1966; postgraduate work in public administration and policy formation, University of Maryland, College Park, 1966; postgraduate work in education, St. Cloud State College, St. Cloud, Minn.; pursued a career in business and education; teacher of social studies in Royalton, Minn., schools, 1968-1972; member, Minnesota state house of representatives, 1969-1973; elected as a Democrat to the Ninety-fourth and to the two succeeding Congresses (January 3, 1975-January 3, 1981); was not a candidate for reelection to the Ninety-seventh Congress in 1980; president, U.S. Export Corporation, 1981-1986; president, Minnesota World Trade Center, St. Paul, Minn., 1987-1994; business executive and owner; elected as a Democrat to the One Hundred Thirteenth Congress (January 3, 2013-present).
Campaign Finance$1,134,391 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
covers roughly through Q3 2013
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals