NOLAN, Richard Michael, a Representative from Minnesota; born in Brainerd, Crow Wing County,
Minn., December 17, 1943; graduated from Brainerd High School, 1962; attended
St. Johns University, Collegeville, Minn., 1962; B.A., University of
Minnesota, 1966; postgraduate work in public administration and policy
formation, University of Maryland, College Park, 1966; postgraduate work in
education, St. Cloud State College, St. Cloud, Minn.; pursued a career in
business and education; teacher of social studies in Royalton, Minn., schools,
1968-1972; member, Minnesota state house of representatives, 1969-1973; elected
as a Democrat to the Ninety-fourth and to the two succeeding Congresses
(January 3, 1975-January 3, 1981); was not a candidate for reelection to the
Ninety-seventh Congress in 1980; president, U.S. Export Corporation, 1981-1986;
president, Minnesota World Trade Center, St. Paul, Minn., 1987-1994; business
executive and owner; elected as a Democrat to the One Hundred Thirteenth
Congress (January 3, 2013-present).
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
For more information, please see our campaign finance methodology page. Lobbyist bundling data is described on our lobbyist bundling methodology page.
federal data covers from 1989 roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
View all campaign finance data for Rick Nolan
OpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
89% of the total amount raised came from an identifiable industry.
In State vs. Out of State
contributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACs
Includes contributions from an organization’s employees, their family members and its political action committee.
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals