Richard G. Lugar
- Office Held:
- US Senate, IN
- Office Sought:
- US Senate, IN
LUGAR, Richard Green, a Senator from Indiana; born in Indianapolis, Marion County, Ind., April 4, 1932; attended the public schools of Indianapolis; graduated, Denison University, Granville, Ohio 1954; attended Pembroke College, Oxford, England, as a Rhodes Scholar and received a graduate degree in 1956; businessman, involved in the manufacturing of food production equipment, livestock and grain operations; United States Navy 1957-1960; member, Indianapolis Board of School Commissioners 1964-1967; mayor, Indianapolis 1968-1975; unsuccessful Republican candidate for the United States Senate in 1974; elected as a Republican to the United States Senate in 1976; reelected in 1982, 1988, 1994, 2000, and again in 2006, and served from January 3, 1977, to January 3, 2013; chair, Republican Senatorial Campaign Committee (Ninety-eighth Congress), Committee on Foreign Relations (Ninety-ninth Congress, One Hundred Eighth and One Hundred Ninth Congresses), Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry (One Hundred Fourth through One Hundred Sixth Congresses, One Hundred Seventh Congress [January 20-June 6, 2001]); unsuccessful candidate for renomination to the Senate in 2012.
Campaign Finance$4,028,533 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through candidate's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Download all contributions to Richard G. Lugar Download all independent expenditures for or against Richard G. Lugar
Summaryoverview of how much the candidate raised and spent, and who contributed it
- Total Raised:
- $4,028,533 #48 of 59 Senate candidates
- Total Spent:
- $7,204,843 #32 of 59 Senate candidates
- Cash on Hand:
- $16,625 #75 of 59 Senate candidates
Contributions Over Timereflects only contributions over $200, as smaller contributions are not individually reported. For some candidates a significant portion of their fundraising may not be captured by this chart.
Independent Expendituresoutside groups that spent money supporting or opposing the candidate
Committee Name Support/Oppose Total Spending Club for GrowthOppose $1,063,309 Club For Growth ActionOppose $947,996 Freedomworks For AmericaOppose $347,007 Yg Network Inc.Support $208,628 National Rifle AssnOppose $169,158 Citizens UnitedOppose $48,150 Majority PACOppose $32,500 Western Representation PACOppose $9,750
Donor Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
- PAC Color Block
- Organizations' PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals