Richard E. Neal
- Latest Office Held:
- US House, MA
- Latest Office Sought:
- US House, MA
Richard Edmund Neal (born February 14, 1949) is the U.S. Representative for Massachusetts's 2nd congressional district, serving since 1989. He is a member of the Democratic Party. He is a former city councillor and mayor of Springfield, Massachusetts.
Campaign Finance$8,686,096 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled Lobbyist ContributionsLobbyists and lobbying firms that raised money from multiple donors on behalf of the politician. Contributions from the lobbyist or firm itself are not included.
Bundler Amount FMR Corp $59,950
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event March 14, 2013
- Dinner at Bibiana Osteria Enoteca
- Hosted by:
- Nick Giordano, LaBrenda Garrett-Nelson, Francis Grab, Dave Koshgarian, Jeff Petrich, Jeff Levey, Robert Rozen, Heather Meade
Dec. 7, 2012
- Boston Weekend at Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars
Fiscal Year Amount Description 2009 $3,815,000 Silvio O. Conte National Fish and Wildlife Refuge 2008 $3,097,000 Shrimp Aquaculture, AZ, HI, MS, MA, SC, LA, TX 2009 $2,908,000 Shrimp Aquaculture, AZ, HI, IA, MA, MS, SC, TX 2009 $2,664,200 Ethanol Pilot Plant (MA, CT) 2008 $1,378,000 The City of West Springfield, Pioneer Valley Planning Commission for the Connecticut River Combined Sewer Overflow Clean-up 2010 $1,200,000 Warren Pumps (Neal) Filtration Solutions (Frelinghuysen): Advanced Fuel Filtration System 2009 $1,200,000 High Awareness Littoral Observing (HALO) Sensor—360 Degree Imaging for Submarines 2010 $1,000,000 Next Generation Wind Turbine 2009 $1,000,000 Pioneer Valley Planning Commission, Connecticut River Combined Sewer Overflow Projects 2008 $1,000,000 Kollmorgen: Submarine Tactical Warfare Systems -- HALO-360 Degree Imaging for Submarines