- Latest Office Held:
- US Senate, NC
- Latest Office Sought:
- US Senate, NC
Richard Mauze Burr (born November 30, 1955) is the senior United States Senator from North Carolina. A Republican, Burr represented North Carolina's 5th congressional district in the United States House of Representatives for five terms, and was elected to represent North Carolina as a U.S. Senator in the 2004 election. He defeated the Democratic Party nominee, former White House Chief of Staff Erskine Bowles, in the open seat contest. With the 2008 election of Kay Hagan (D), Burr became North Carolina's senior senator. He defeated NC Secretary of State Elaine Marshall in 2010 to win reelection to a second term.
Campaign Finance$23,655,711 Received
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Top IndustriesOpenSecrets.org and FollowTheMoney.org classify contribution data into about 100 industries.
In State vs. Out of Statecontributions from individuals, in dollars
Individuals vs. PACsin dollars
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Recent and upcoming fundraisersFull invitations can be viewed at Party Time
Date Event Sept. 27, 2013
- Weekend at Primland Resort at Primland Resort Meadows
June 21, 2013
- Weekend at the Homestead at The Homestead
May 31, 2013
- Family and Friends Annual Outer Banks Weekend at Outer Banks
May 13, 2013
- Golf Outing at Robert Trent Jones Golf Club
April 26, 2013
- Weekend at Pine Needles Lodge at Pine Needles Lodge and Golf Club
Figures are based on both committee earmark disclosures and on analysis of appropriations bill text. Table shows top 10 earmarks, ordered by dollar amount in the final version of the bill. Earmarks from the president's budget proposal are not included.
For more information, see our Earmark Methodology page.
In State vs. Out of Statein dollars